Well got my soil sample results back. The ph was a little lower than I thought, I have to apply about 140 lbs of lime. So I applied 160 lbs  since my last two plots always came up a little under 7.0 ph. This should get me extremely close to a neutral ph level which is optimal for growing. I will plant seed in a few weeks and install a 45 gallon barrel to collect rain water in case we get a long period without rain. Remember to put mesh over the top of the barrel to keep debri out of the barrel. I use a barrel because  it’s cheap and easy to get and clean. This should allow me to keep my plot growing if we get any kind of drought in August or September, I learned this the hard way last year as the deer were browsing heavily then a long hot 14 day drought  burned up everything. Each plot has a water barrel and some drought resistant browse mixed with it. I’m pretty confident these two things will keep me from losing my plots and the deer will appreciate it as well.

My next trip I’ll take some pictures of my plot growth and post them with my next segment.

Written on June 9th, 2012 , Archery Pre Season

Leave a Reply to junk removal, trash removal, demolition services, debris removal Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Cleantalk
COMMENTS

    Valuable info. Fortunate me I discovered your site by chance, and I am shocked why this accident didn’t took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

    Reply
    January 24, 2013 at 9:25 pm

easternpahunting.com is proudly powered by WordPress and the Theme Adventure by Eric Schwarz
Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS).

easternpahunting.com